Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Madden - 11 Months

Here we are, less than one month away from having a 1 year old!  Crazy, crazy.  

Little man has just discovered books, and wants to be read to constantly.  Here's to hoping we have a fourth bookworm in the family!

In fact, "book" is one of his new words.  It's not quite the full word, but he's got the "b" down enough that we know that's what he's saying.

This month has been an explosion of growth for Madden, verbally.  He is now saying mama, dada, uh oh, night night, book, ball, bye bye and hi.  He can also tell us what an elephant (brrrr, with arm in the air), monkey (ah ah), and fish (kiss kiss) say.


Little man is still working on his moving skills, as well.

We're actually surprised that he's not walking yet, a month ago we could have sworn he was that close, but it appears that he'd much rather crawl.  We're working on it though, and even in the last week have seen a huge step towards official walking (pun intended hehe).

Not that we're necessarily in a hurry for him to start walking.  We know that'll make life even crazier...but man having a walker can be easier than having a crawler - it's DIRTY business!!  I'm ready to get him off his hands.   
He got himself in here by himself, by the way, but had no idea how to get himself out!

He is however loving the walker around the house.  He gets so excited when he uses it, those little squeals kill me!


And in the meantime, he can get anywhere he wants, he is a mean, fast crawler!!


Helping with laundry.

Helping cousin Grace with her piano skills.

We're also starting the roughhousing early around here.  Mason and Tristan are always wrestling these days, and Madden wants to be right there with them.  I have a feeling he'll be holding his own, and maybe beating up his brother, sooner than later!


Head-butt!


 Mason is getting better and better with him, and I may even go as far as to say I can see a relationship forming between the two of them.  I know that makes Madden SO happy, he sure does love his big brother.

 We just love this cutie more and more as the days go by, feisty and opinionated as he is!

 I mean look at that face...what's not to love!!?? 

A lot more happened this month - specifically, a long visit by Gigi and Pop, and Madden's first Halloween.  Posts to follow!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I love that he and Sadie have the same gator. Also yes, we may need some sleep training tips. I've read the books, just still don't want to start because u feel like I have no idea what I'm doing

    ReplyDelete
  2. And blogger on iPhone is the worst... I feel like I have no idea. I'm sure it won't be the the last time this baby makes me feel clueless!

    ReplyDelete